New season, new luck? A recent change from Blizzard to Diablo 4 is sparking a heated debate among fans that won’t be easily resolved.
Irvine, California – With the “Season of Blood” patch, Blizzard has managed to draw many fans back into Lilith’s underworld. After the lack of a Season 1 finale, Diablo 4 was in dire need of new content. But Schnetzel fans are particularly hotly discussing a new change: high-level world bosses have been given a fair share of extra lives. While this is too much for some Slayers because they just want to loot and level up in a relaxed manner, others are thirsty for an even more demanding hack-fest. Isn’t it still an ideal world in damn hell?
|Game title||Diablo IV|
|Launch (date of initial publication)||June 6, 2023|
|platform||PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC|
|gender||Hack and kill|
Diablo 4: Big World Boss Fight
What’s going on with Diablo’s world bosses? While Diablo 4’s almost meditative gameplay managed to convince many players when it was released, die-hard fans quickly became thirsty for more. The world bosses in particular were simply too easy for many Slayers. This endgame challenge was intended to particularly challenge players and reward them with rare items if they were successful.
So Blizzard revamped the battles with the new Season 2 “Season of Blood” and made them more challenging. Bosses are now too hard for some and too easy for others. There’s a debate on Reddit that’s almost as heated as the buffed boss battles.
Diablo 4: The War for World Bosses
The Diablo 4 boss battle on Reddit: Reddit user IIIBossnectarIII set the ax spinning with his review. “I see a lot of people getting upset because world bosses are too difficult. I just wanted to say: Please don’t Blizzard nerf her again! They finally feel like a challenge and that’s a good thing. If anything would make the excitement even better, it would be a guaranteed single drop!But the Reddit community is divided:
- alfmrf: “To be honest, I need [die Welten-Bosse] even more fans. At least in world rankings 3 and 4.“
- SquashForDinenr: “Unbelievable that people [über zu einfache Bosse] complain. They are still a joke. […] People kill level 90 bosses at level 70 or 80 with no problems.“
- Fluffy Pancake Lover: “I fought a World Rank 2 boss with 20 other players. It was an absolute massacre. It was funny to see so many ghosts and players running from the spawn point back to the boss.”
- soprimo: “I hope Blizzard doesn’t listen to you. Diablo has never been an intense difficulty like Souls style. It should only be difficult until you are properly equipped. After that, it becomes a flow.”
- Dungeonmasterryan1: “World bosses shouldn’t be a challenge – they’re loot piñatas.”
- Homemareia663: “Honestly, they should strengthen the bosses. It’s simply impossible to fail them unless your entire party is underleveled.”
This is how strong the bosses are in Season 2: Lilith’s strongest servants, the world bosses, have received a significant health boost with the season update in Diablo 4. All level 60 bosses are affected. They gradually gained up to 150% more health. Newcomers need not worry about being immediately dismantled by the masters of the world. However, your higher level characters will suffer more.
The fan base also seems to be divided into these two camps: the casual players who want to relax and dismantle Hellspawn at the end of the day and feel the strength of their own character. On the other hand, there are professionals who have already dealt with all facets of looting and for whom the demands may not be high enough. Satisfying both groups is an extremely fine balancing act that Blizzard needs to master here.
Of course, not only are world bosses difficult, they also drop the rarest items. So rare that some Diablo 4 players don’t even know how rare their loot is.
Have you already tasted the blood of hell and want to dive into Diablo 4 again? Here you’ll find all the items you can loot from the various world bosses in Diablo 4. We’ve also put together a tier list of the best Diablo 4 classes for you.