Low carbs are said to help reduce weight. Discover here the delicious alternatives to pasta, rice, etc.
“Low carb” is a diet that follows the principle of low carbohydrates and high fat loss. According to, people who want to lose weight should follow this diet Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) Avoid foods rich in carbohydrates, such as potatoes, rice, pasta and other grains, as well as juices, soft drinks, sweets and alcoholic drinks. Instead, you can eat more protein and fatty foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, eggs and nuts. If you find it difficult to give up carbs, you can eliminate your cravings with some alternative foods.
Lose weight: five foods are good carbohydrate alternatives
With a diet based on avoiding carbohydrates, of course there will always be phases when you crave carbohydrate-rich foods. This phenomenon is also called “carb cravings” – the insatiable desire for foods that contain a lot of carbohydrates. These include, for example, pasta, rice or sweets. To successfully avoid such a hot hunter attack or to prevent it from occurring in the first place, you must scream out loud. fitforfun.de Therefore, use the following alternatives:
- Chickpea and lentil flour instead of white flour: If you are on a diet, you should swap the classic white flour pasta for pasta made with lentil or chickpea flour. These contain significantly more protein. Spaghetti made from vegetables such as zucchini is also suitable. They are also called “zoodles” and are a delicious alternative to carb-rich pasta.
- Quinoa instead of rice: Just like pasta, rice can also be replaced with low-carb foods. After eating rice, it can trigger cravings and cravings for more carbohydrates because it is converted to sugar in the body. You can therefore choose quinoa as an alternative. The so-called pseudo-grain provides more healthy fats, protein and vitamin B than white rice.
- Sweet potato gall instead of potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain a lot of fiber. This helps stop carb cravings. They are therefore also a good alternative to classic potatoes if you want to lose a few kilos.
- Hemp seeds instead of granola: Since magnesium deficiency can also lead to carbohydrate cravings, you must ensure that your needs are met in the long term with a healthy diet. Hemp seeds can help you with this, as they contain a particularly high amount of magnesium. For example, sprinkle them over muesli for breakfast or use them to refine soups and salads.
- Peppers and carrots instead of fruit: Since fruits contain fructose and can therefore make you fat, you can snack on strips of peppers and carrots instead of apple slices, for example. They are particularly suitable at night, for example in front of the television, as a good snack alternative to lose weight. Unlike an apple (20 grams of sugar), a red pepper contains only half the sugar. If you don’t want to run out of fruit, you should eat it in the morning if possible.
Don’t miss anything: you can find everything about health in the regular newsletter from our partner 24vita.de.
This article only contains general information on the respective health topic and is therefore not intended for self-diagnosis, treatment or medication. In no way does it replace a visit to the doctor. Unfortunately, our editorial team is unable to answer individual questions about medical conditions.