Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is here, but which weapons are best for multiplayer? Here is the initial launch meta list of the six strongest weapons.
Hamburg – In MW3, 6 weapons dominate multiplayer in the new Call of Duty. Here we show the initial Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 meta list and give tips on how to use and unlock powerful weapons. The article offers the best choice for each major weapon type, regardless of whether it’s the best sniper, the strongest MP, or a meta recoilless assault rifle.
MW3: The 6 best weapons in multiplayer – this is how you get them
Unlock the best weapons in MW3: Many of MW3’s best multiplayer meta weapons can be obtained surprisingly quickly and early. If you need to level up one of the powerful weapons a little, there is a specific unlock feature: MW3 Arsenal Unlock – This is how the new system with challenges works.
1. MCR – Best Assault Rifle in MW3 Multiplayer
- The MCW assault rifle is currently considered the best fully automatic weapon in MW3 multiplayer
- MCW is versatile, but it’s above average in every important multiplayer aspect. Precision, minimum recoil and easy handling.
- You only unlock the powerful weapon at level 44 – alternatively, you can also use and level up the MCW in the standard pre-made loadout.
2. DG-58 – Best assault rifle in MW3 multiplayer
- The DG-58 is slightly less user-friendly than the MCR, but this AR is significantly more deadly.
- The DG-58 assault rifle fires in bursts (3 shots at once) – so it is often enough to pull the trigger briefly and enjoy an easy kill.
- The weapon’s accuracy is enormous for an assault rifle, but missed bursts hurt even more.
- The DG-58 is unlocked at the end of MW3, but there is a trick to getting the best starting weapon: DG-58 setup and quick unlock in MW3. Here we analyze all the essays for professional loading in German.
We’ve summarized how to quickly level weapons in MW3, as well as other tips and guides here:
More about MW3:
Weapons quickly in MW3 levels – trick for 3000 XP per second
MW3: Best Graphics Settings – FoV and German Settings
Best German Controller Settings in MW3 – Aim Assist and Movement
3. Striker – Best SMG in MW3 Multiplayer
- The best submachine gun is the new Striker from MW3, which you unlock right at the beginning.
- The SMG has little recoil, good range and damage. The rate of fire is slightly lower than normal for the genre. The launch weapon is perfect for the popular run-n-gun style of play.
- In MW3, the Striker is the only weapon that has already been nerfed twice – but the submachine gun wasn’t actually nerfed in the last update.
Alternative: A strong MP choice is the Lachmann Sub, which has dominated Warzone for a long time. If you have a meta monster fully equipped with a setup, feel free to grab it.
4. Longbow – Best Sniper Rifle in MW3 Multiplayer
- Langbogen (English Longbow) is a lightweight sniper with an impressive 30 rounds in the magazine.
- The range and penetration power are much lower than other sniper rifles, but faster follow-up shots are possible with almost no recoil – perfect for inexperienced shooters at launch.
- Despite its high mobility, the longbow sniper rifle’s damage is sufficient for deadly shots – but you need to hit the head or upper body.
Alternative: The sniper rifle The KV Inhibitor is the Longbow’s slower and more powerful sister. The damage is also much higher, so it’s even easier to kill with body shots in MW3 multiplayer. The KV-Sniper is also still quite mobile.
5. Lockwood – Best Shotgun in MW3 Multiplayer
- The Lockwood 300 only has 2 shots in the barrel and needs to be constantly reloaded – but thanks to its range and damage, it’s the deadliest shotgun in MW3
- The “Maelstrom double trigger” is particularly important, so you fire both bullets at the same time – no opponent can come close to surviving this in multiplayer.
- But remember that the Lockwood 300 is not a new weapon in MW3, but it has been terrorizing Warzone for a long time and continues its reign in the new CoD’s multiplayer.
Alternative: If you can’t (or don’t want to) access the beefy 300, you should go with the Lockwood 680. This is currently the second best shotgun and also a new MW3 weapon. This shotgun is much more mobile and really for close combat, but it has 6 rounds in the magazine.
6. Holger 26 – Best LMG in MW3 Multiplayer
- The Holger 556 is significantly more mobile compared to other LMGs and is more reminiscent of an assault rifle.
- Machine guns in Call of Duty have great magazines and damage, as well as a huge range. The Holger comes with a “relatively” small machine gun magazine, holding just 60 rounds.
- In MW3 multiplayer, unlike Warzone, you are much closer to the enemy and there is no armor, so the Holger 26 is the perfect LMG choice, but in most situations normal assault rifles are stronger.
DMRs and battle rifles are having a tough time in multiplayer. Assault rifle and sniper hybrids are best suited to larger maps and modes where you want to remain mobile but at a distance. In the new War Mode and later in Warzone 2, accurate weapons can be of some use. Here’s everything about the start of the first joint season of MW3 and Warzone, as well as the Battle Pass.